Skip to main content
Discussion

I am going crazy being cooped up. I know I can't drink, I know that a joint would be a silly risk. But what do I do?

Where am I?

In Stay Clean you can ask and answer questions and share your experience with others!

Michael Stanley Coleman
Michael Stanley Coleman

The power of the Devil is that he makes you feel like what ever you're currently feeling will be that current way forever! This mindset I call the end of the world situation, the only real thing to do is to give in. Right! Wrong! If, If you can fight it off do so just for the day then the next day and the next until something else comes along. Stay Clean!

Gene Gilchrist
Gene Gilchrist

I sometimes think about folks born after say 1990 who have lived through three or four pandemics (Bird Flu, Ebola, SARS, HIV, COVID19), the only attack to date on American soil, a severe recession, near depression economy now, and wonder how their perspective of the world is shaped.  Theses things seem to be a reality of our time and they are things to be dealt with as best we can with the tools we have.  There are plenty of things to do and we all know that so what is the real question here?  I think it is, for me, that given all I have done to be in long term recovery I should be getting a pass on other problems.  Then I recall the advice I got early on -- "Who told you that getting sober was going to make life all dry socks and a pat on the back?"  Life has its ups and downs, sometimes very serious.  The good news is that we can now face it and with a community that shares its experience, strength and hope.  Hang in in there.  You know that you can.